Sambal Balado



The best part about coming from two slightly different background I picked up and learned some of both families specialties.

This is our special dish from my Mama's side.

My mama sorts of inherit this recipe from her Momma - which is my Nenek (grand mother).
So the only two person who'll make this dish in the family will be my Mama or Nenek

Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

One handful of Bangladeshi Bird Eye's Chili. 
1 Red Onion ( cut into half )
1 Tomato (if you opt for the Cherry Tomato, please adjust the count to 4-5)
4 Cloves of garlic
1 Cup of cooking oil
Salt - to taste

How To:

Pound all of the ingredients starting with  chili, garlic, red onion and lastly tomato(es)

The best tools to pound them babies is the mortar & pestle but not everyone have the "luxury" to use one so you can you the blender / food processor.

I'll usually put the onion right into the bottom, then garlic, tomatoes then the chili.

The trick is make sure you blend it coarsely
"Pulse" button works wonder too. 

Here's the best part 

Heat the cooking oil over medium high heat.
Add in the chili paste.
Stir from time to time
Reduce the heat
Add in some salt
Leave it to cook probably around 15 minutes.

Happy Cooking!

Yours Curvy Kitchen Goddess,
Amy H.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lamb Kofta

Ikan Masak Pindang

Kuih Tepung Pelita (In A Jar)