Jejemput Ikan Bilis

Those who know me know that cooking is my escape from the real world. It brings such satisfaction when my loved ones enjoyed the food.

I was blessed with the opportunity to learn how to cook from my mother.

She’s a great cook really.

So, many years ago I made some videos for my sister who happen to live continents apart from us.

She still is. Having picky eater baby, she struggled with this department of cooking.

I remember we cook together over Skype for Eid.
That has become our tradition.

Then I decided rather than giving her the recipe, I shall try to create a video instead. It’ll be handy as she’s 7 / 8 hours behind us. She doesn’t have to wait for me whenever she wanted to ask for any recipe.

She could just watch and listen to the video.

I made few videos then uploaded it on youtube.

The best place to keep them videos.

Not sure what happened in between but life happens definitely; I stop making video and I remember deleted some of them.

But I recall peeking through it and saw some comments and the dislikes.

Mind you, I was just a noob and still am, making videos for the sister.

My voice-over wasn’t suitable for commercial ones.

I did it as though I was talking to her, and I could hear Ehsan’s voice in the background. Ah! How I miss my “gapuak boy”.

Anyways, I laughed when I read the comments and saw the dislikes.

To my defence, “you ain’t Kak Ngah”.

I totally understand their inability to understand my way of talking, the language that I used and the jokes that I made in that video. I was just being a cheeky baby sister.

Translation: I was just being me, and you are not Kak Ngah.

You wouldn’t be able to understand us.

Fast forward to many years later, I had this conversation with my sister and she said this to me “you’re spoiling me and the kiddos with all your cooking. Before you leave, you need to give me all of the recipes”.

So this year I decided to revisit my YouTube account and made a new video and yes, I made it for Kak Ngah. Also for the kiddos. My nephews and niece.

The continents might keep us apart but someday when they are able to cook on their own they could refer to my videos and cook it themselves.

Maybe, just maybe they’ll remember how their Achu used to cook for them.

This is my gift for them, my beloved.

Let me walk you down to the memory lane.
This is where it begins.


Note:
I, the owner of this video acknowledge that my voice sounds terrible. lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lamb Kofta

Ikan Masak Pindang

Kuih Tepung Pelita (In A Jar)