Nasi Daging

Kak Ngah bought some lamb chops the other day but I was craving for some Nasi Daging.
Chef’s selection always wins obviously.

What you'll need:

Lamb (or you can use beef)
I boiled them lamb chop then set aside.

Don't throw away the lamb stock. Some of it can be use to cook the rice while you can make a clear lamb soup with the remaining stock.

This is my exact measurement, you can adjust it accordingly.

3 tablespoons of butter  (I use the soft butter spread, yes you read that correctly) 
3 tablespoons of cooking oil
4 cloves of  Garlic - crushed
1 inch of ginger - thinly sliced

Spices :
3 Cardamom, 
1star anise, 
1 pinch of pepper, cloves, cinnamon sticks,

2 teaspoons of Kurma curry powder
Salt to taste

3 cups of Rice - wash it and set aside (I use Basmathi Rice) 
2 cups of lamb stock
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of fresh milk

How to:
  • Heat the butter and oil in a wok (or anything that you can use)
  • Saute the onion and garlic for 3 minutes or so on medium heat
  • Add the spices, Kurma curry powder (don't forget to stir it)
  • Add rice, the lamb stock water and fresh milk
  • Salt to taste
  • leave it to cook. (I transferred the whole lot into the rice cooker. )
Note: 
  1. I add a few pieces of the lamb chop into the rice as well.
  2. If you happen to have some Pandan leaf, you may add that into the rice as well. just wash them and cut it into maybe 10 cm long they are good to go.
  3. Butter, you can use ghee if you have it, which I don't, so I make full use of Kak Ngah's butter spread. lol, mad I know but who cares. If you don't have butter or ghee, IT'S OK. just use oil. but if you don't have oil, I don't think water would be the best substitute. :P
There you go.

Happy Cooking!

Amy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lamb Kofta

Ikan Masak Pindang

Kuih Tepung Pelita (In A Jar)